Specific Purpose: to inform the audience about The United Negro College Fund (UNCF). Its creation, evolution, and the success of the non-profit organization, and the working and the purpose of the organization.
Central Idea: by the end of the speech, the audience will know how the organization came into being and how much it has grown. Also about a large number of contributions made by a large corporation to this fund.
- UNCF was created in 1944 with a mission to provide low-cost good quality education.
- Providing financial assistance to deserving students, raising operating funds for member colleges and universities, and increasing access to technology for students and faculty at historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs).
- UNCF has grown to become the nation’s oldest and most successful African American education assistance organization.
- I am interested in this topic because:
- As a student, it is good to know that the UNCF gives opportunities for those who under normal conditions would not have a chance to improve their careers and ultimately their lives.
- The publicity and the amount of donation that this fund receives are remarkable.
- What I plan to discuss is:
- The inception and History of the fund.
- The popularity and a number of donations received from different corporations and funds.
- I. On April 25, 1944, the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) was incorporated with 27 member colleges.
- A. In 1943, Dr. Frederick D. Patterson, president of Tuskegee Institute wrote an open letter in The Pittsburgh Courier to the presidents of other private black colleges urging them to “pool their small monies and make a united appeal to the national conscience.” 1 on April 25, 1944, the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) was incorporated with 27 member colleges.
- B. Since the inception of this campaign, UNCF has continued to help more than 300,000 minority students graduate from college.
Thank you for visiting Essaydemon.com and viewing our articles and sample papers. Kindly be informed that all these articles and sample papers are for marketing purposes only. The sole purpose of these articles and sample papers is just to provide our customers with an idea about our services before they place an order.
Kindly visit our order/inquiry page for further assistance.
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.