1. The population I have chosen is children with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
3. The appropriate method for sampling this population is a stratified randomized sample. Thus this research project calls for the use of a stratified sample, as described below:
There may often be factors which divide up the population into sub-populations (groups/strata) and we may expect the measurement of interest to vary among the different sub-populations. This has to be accounted for when we select a sample from the population in order that we obtain a sample that is representative of the population. This is achieved by stratified sampling.
A stratified sample is obtained by taking samples from each stratum or sub-group of a population.
When we sample a population with several strata, we generally require that the proportion of each stratum in the sample should be the same as in the population (http://www.stat.yale.edu/Courses/1997-98/101/sample.htm).
6. By using randomized sampling methods to choose within each stratum.
7. The selected members of each population will be surveyed; follow-up interviews will be conducted with selected individuals.
8. A randomized sample includes a margin of error, which might be considered to be a weakness. Any research based primarily on surveys also has the inherent weakness of being primarily descriptive rather than evaluative.
Thank you for visiting Essaydemon.com and viewing our articles and sample papers. Kindly be informed that all these articles and sample papers are for marketing purposes only. The sole purpose of these articles and sample papers is just to provide our customers with an idea about our services before they place an order.
Kindly visit our order/inquiry page for further assistance.
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.