Although B&G Clubs vary to respond to the needs of the local populations, they all share some common elements:
- A safe haven for school-aged children away from the streets
- The presence of caring adult leaders that serve as role models and provide guidance access to comprehensive and coordinated services, such as health and fitness, drug abuse and teen pregnancy education, arts and crafts, leadership development, environmental awareness educational support, technological training, and increased awareness of career options through career exploration programs
- Violence and drug prevention initiatives
- Community service
- Most clubs are open 5 to 6 days a week, 6 to 7 hours a day (after-school) and are staffed with full-time and part-time youth development professionals and volunteers.
- The program studied in Enhancing the Educational Achievement was an after-school program delivered by B&GCA trained staff, assisted by parents and other volunteers.
- Each week, within the B&GCA facility or in outside sessions, the trainers engaged youth in structured activities, such as:
- Four to five hours a week of discussions with knowledgeable adults.
- One to two hours a week of writing
- Four to five hours a week of leisure reading
- Five to six hours a week of required homework
- Two to three hours a week of community service (tutoring other children, for instance)
Four to five hours a week of educational games, such as word and math games Participation was voluntary and, to entice the youth to participate, program sites used many incentives, such as field trips, school supplies, computer time, special privileges, certificates, gold stars and praise.
Parents were also encouraged to participate with their children in the educational activities. Parents and youth attended an orientation meeting, after which parents were invited to serve as volunteers and to attend the cultural events presented by the youth.
Thank you for visiting Essaydemon.com and viewing our articles and sample papers. Kindly be informed that all these articles and sample papers are for marketing purposes only. The sole purpose of these articles and sample papers is just to provide our customers with an idea about our services before they place an order.
Kindly visit our order/inquiry page for further assistance.
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.