The short story by Shirley Jackson titled “The Lottery” is a tale of a brutal and shocking stoning of an innocent but doomed woman, this tale strongly contradicts the modern traditional values. The whole story is marked with symbolism, which is used by the author to illustrate the evil of capitalism and power. Jackson uses imagery and representation to show a human tendency to continue traditions that are both meaningless and harmful.
It becomes apparent from the very beginning that there is a deeper and a more profound meaning underlying the story. The author uses careful structuring and symbolism to present not just a symbolic outline of man’s past but a prediction for his future which is far greater than the mere reminder that man has savage capabilities.
Thank you for visiting Essaydemon.com and viewing our articles and sample papers. Kindly be informed that all these articles and sample papers are for marketing purposes only. The sole purpose of these articles and sample papers is just to provide our customers with an idea about our services before they place an order.
Kindly visit our order/inquiry page for further assistance.
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.
Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional services.
- 100% original, custom Writing or 100% Money Back guarantee!
- 100% Confidentiality: Your information is secure at all time.
- We guarantee that you will never regret for choosing us.
- 100% guaranteed plagiarism free writing.
- Urgent delivery: Meet your deadline and deliver your custom essay.
- No hidden charges: the price you see is the final cost for all custom papers.
- Excellent 24 hours 7 Days a week free friendly customer support system
FREE Outline, FREE Title page, FREE Bibliography, FREE E-mail delivery, FREE Formatting