By the end of the 19th century, most but not all scientists had accepted the tenets of thermodynamics. Key elements of thermodynamics, or the study of heat, are:
- Atoms and molecules are responsible for the physical and chemical properties of substances
- Heat is a form of energy
- Atoms and molecules move faster (i.e. increase their kinetic motion) when heat is added
In 1905, a French chemist named Jean-Baptiste Perrin helped convince the remaining scientists of the validity of the atomic theory of matter. Perrin observed that pollen grains wiggle – and understood that this “wiggling” was caused by atoms that composed the fluid hitting the pollen grains. This discovery of Brownian motion proved that all substances comprise atoms in thermal motion.
Jean-Baptiste Perrin (http://www.th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de/~jr/gif/phys/zeeman.jpg)
Thank you for visiting Essaydemon.com and viewing our articles and sample papers. Kindly be informed that all these articles and sample papers are for marketing purposes only. The sole purpose of these articles and sample papers is just to provide our customers with an idea about our services before they place an order.
Kindly visit our order/inquiry page for further assistance.
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.
Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional services.
- 100% original, custom Writing or 100% Money Back guarantee!
- 100% Confidentiality: Your information is secure at all time.
- We guarantee that you will never regret for choosing us.
- 100% guaranteed plagiarism free writing.
- Urgent delivery: Meet your deadline and deliver your custom essay.
- No hidden charges: the price you see is the final cost for all custom papers.
- Excellent 24 hours 7 Days a week free friendly customer support system
FREE Outline, FREE Title page, FREE Bibliography, FREE E-mail delivery, FREE Formatting