‘A temporary matter’ by Jhumpa Lahiri talks about a married couple that lost a child who was still born. Since that death, their marriage has deteriorated. There is a coldness and distance between the two. When the electric company decides to cut power in order to repair a faulty line, the couple gets a chance to open up and discuss things they had never shared with each other before. However, the husband, Shukumar realizes that while his wife brought up the idea of sharing secrets, and despite the fact that this had brought them closer for a time, she was still planning for her life alone.
This story is a depiction of what is going on in the world today. Written in 1998, the story is a true demonstration of how marriages are ending up in the present century. Many people are getting married; however, they have no guarantee that their marriages will have a fairy tale ending. The number of divorces has risen, as have separations.
Thank you for visiting Essaydemon.com and viewing our articles and sample papers. Kindly be informed that all these articles and sample papers are for marketing purposes only. The sole purpose of these articles and sample papers is just to provide our customers with an idea about our services before they place an order.
Kindly visit our order/inquiry page for further assistance.
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.
Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional services.
- 100% original, custom Writing or 100% Money Back guarantee!
- 100% Confidentiality: Your information is secure at all time.
- We guarantee that you will never regret for choosing us.
- 100% guaranteed plagiarism free writing.
- Urgent delivery: Meet your deadline and deliver your custom essay.
- No hidden charges: the price you see is the final cost for all custom papers.
- Excellent 24 hours 7 Days a week free friendly customer support system
FREE Outline, FREE Title page, FREE Bibliography, FREE E-mail delivery, FREE Formatting