Language is a reflective tool whereby humans make sense of their thoughts and actions. Through language use we also enter an interactional space that has been partly already shaped for us, a world in which some distinctions seem to matter more than others, a world where every choice we make is partly contingent on what happened before and contributes to the definition of what will happen next. (Duranti, 1997, p. 5).
Acknowledging that communication and translation are social acts, researcher also recognizes that interpretivism proposes that there are multiple realities within the social realm, not single realities of phenomena, and that these realities can differ across time and place (Tsuhnet, 1983).
Thus, the following limitations will be present in the proposed study:
- Qualitative research is neither prescriptive nor definitive (Bogdan & Bilken, 2010). While the study may provide noteworthy data about the culture and education of Afghan interpreters which may, in turn, prompt new research questions, narrative studies do not attempt to be predictive of future behaviors.
- Narrative inquiries do not necessarily lend themselves to replication and are not usually meant for generalizing.
- The time it takes to build trust among respondent(s) that facilitates full and honest self-representation is unpredictable and varied, to say the least because respondent may rely on her/his subjective perception on the processes to be undertaken toward the fulfillment of this research. Besides, the researcher recognize potential bias and prejudice as an Afghan national with subjective perception on war against terror—a campaign waged by group of nations in regions which circumstantially included there own nation.
- Researcher bias can enter into data collection and analysis. Analyzing narrative details of the respondents on their experiences and learning as translators of ISAF is dependent on researcher’s subjective perception, hence may sacrifice or limit objectivity.
- The purposive sampling decreases the generalizability of findings.
- The analysis will be subject to other interpretations. Assertions will vary according to perspective and understanding.
- Construct validity is especially problematic in case study research because of investigator subjectivity (Tellis, 1997).
- Meaning-making may be compromised by the lack of available peer-reviewed literature concerning the ‘case’ of this study.
Thank you for visiting Essaydemon.com and viewing our articles and sample papers. Kindly be informed that all these articles and sample papers are for marketing purposes only. The sole purpose of these articles and sample papers is just to provide our customers with an idea about our services before they place an order.
Kindly visit our order/inquiry page for further assistance.
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.
Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional services.
- 100% original, custom Writing or 100% Money Back guarantee!
- 100% Confidentiality: Your information is secure at all time.
- We guarantee that you will never regret for choosing us.
- 100% guaranteed plagiarism free writing.
- Urgent delivery: Meet your deadline and deliver your custom essay.
- No hidden charges: the price you see is the final cost for all custom papers.
- Excellent 24 hours 7 Days a week free friendly customer support system
FREE Outline, FREE Title page, FREE Bibliography, FREE E-mail delivery, FREE Formatting